Who ARE we?

My photo
We are beauty in simple things. We are lazy sundays lying on the grass and picnics in autumn. We are summer festivals and guitars by the beach. We are Apple&Rust!

Saturday, 20 August 2011

One day in August....


We, here in the southern hemisphere, have been waiting patiently for the winter to pass and those glorious sunny days to return.. and today there was finally some sun…lots of it!! 
Not wanting to waste a minute of it in the fear that it may not be here for long, I jumped in the car and drove down to the coast. Mr Dylan, Ashcroft and some of my most treasured voices kept me company along the way…
With the windows down and the warmth of the sun on my face, time itself seemed to slow.. and life felt joyous!
When I stopped to feel the sand under my feet, and to smell the salty air, this is what my eyes beheld..

Sitting on the sand watching the vast blue body of water I couldn’t help but wander in..
Once in the water I was quickly reminded that it is indeed still winter.. 

Eventually I tore myself away from this utter bliss and started to drive back home.. But along the way I found some deliciously beautiful things to remind me of my little coastal break (see if you can tell what they are!)



One perfect day… *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment